Friday, February 29, 2008

Death of a Family Pet

After 13 lovely months with us... Flappy-Finney-Finderella died. Sophie was not convinced of this for nearly a week. I told her we were going to have a fish funeral, and flush "her." This made Sophie very distraught. She begged to keep "her," longer, and only the promise of a new fish finally made her agree to send Flappy-Finney-Finderella back to the ocean - because all drains lead to the ocean - right? Well, we had a funeral in the bathroom, said a prayer, and flushed her, as the tears rolled down Sophie's face. Her Yiayia bought her a new fish that she named Flara. She also got one for Conrad, which he affectionately named Dino. I think everything is going to be alright.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Dear Sophie,
I can tell how sad this made you feel. It made me sad for you! I know how much you lived Finny....and hope you love your new fish as much. Sophie, just do not live long. So enjoy the new fish!

I miss you!
Ms. Chris