Sunday, May 1, 2011

Halloween at the Baker House

Here are a few shots from around the Baker house during the month of October. My favorite thing... besides my kids, is the pillows I made for my porch.

Here is this year's advent calendar.

I made this banner for my laundry room, and LOVE it!

Some friends and I made these for decoration. I made one for each kid to put in their room.

Here's Conrad's:


Here's Sophie's:


Here is our entry:



Porch

Living in Utah... we trick-or-treat here on Saturday night if Halloween falls on a Sunday. Last night was trick-or-treat night here. It was soaking wet, but the kids still had fun!

This is how the entry part of my porch looked all month:






Part one of the trick-or-treat night transformation.
The Jack-O-Lanterns!


Part two, moving some of the inside stuff out...

Imagine, "Oggie Boggie," from, Nightmare Before Christmas on repeat blasting on the porch.

Did I mention it poured??? I opened the door to
cute little soaking wet trick-or-treaters all night.

Whew... it's over, and I have to admit... I am EXCITED to take down all the Halloween decor. I have already started. I can't wait for Thanksgiving, and setting up Christmas in four weeks!

What would I ever do without holidays???

K, I have to be realistic... the baby is coming in just over two months... I am just hoping I can have enough energy to have everything look just the way I want it to look, and be able to put it up and take it down when I want to. Wish me luck!


Girls Party

2nd annual girl friend party. I have to admit... I was tired this year, and didn't really get as into it as last year. It was still fun though!



Greeting Card

I am a huge fan of greeting cards for Christmas, but I love sending them for random, unexpected occasions. A couple years ago, we sent out a Halloween greeting card, and when my husband asked me the other day if we were going to do it again this year, I thought... "Why not?"

The kids were in costume for a church party yesterday, so I got out the camera and snapped a few pics.


A little about the costumes... Spider Girl was purchased at DI for $4. The glasses were from Wal-mart for $4. For Con-Bot, we used some boxes I got at a case lot sale a few weeks ago. I did the spray painting, and let my boy cut out shapes to attach to the front. The dryer vent for the arms and legs was from Home Depo and cost $10. My husband zip-tied the head body and arms together. My daughter liked his costume so much, that next year she wants to be a pink robot!


Treats!

My friends and I got together every week, and made treats for the kids. Here are a few of them... So cute! Right?

Fondant cupcakes

Mummy pizza & Jack-o-lantern pepper and spaghetti

Monster cupcakes

Spider crackers

Skeleton cupcakes

Formal Dining Room





















No comments: