Monday, March 1, 2010

Bad News and thoughtful reflection...

I got a text yesterday morning that my dad had a heart attack. My mom is very vague with her texts, and you never know exactly what's going on. So, I went to the U of U hospital, and visited them. The blood work shows he had a minor heart attack. They are going to do an angiogram today, to see the extent of the damage, and what the next step will be. When you think you may lose your dad, a lot of thoughts go through your mind, like what you would like to say, or how you wish you would have acted. I was thinking I should be less hard on him when we don't see eye to eye. He has a tendency to be a little grumpy and a bit negative. I know that is just how he is. I have been a little impatient with him in that respect over the past 3 months. I need to do better, and just love him no matter what. He is a very kind, gentle and compassionate man. I am lucky I was raised by him, and that he is still in my life, and in my kids lives. We all love you dad, and hope you are back to 100% soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no, I hope he is okay soon. We will be praying for him