Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photography lesson

Photography is something I would really love to learn how to do. I don't know the first thing about how a camera works, other than pushing the button. I am lucky enough to visit teach a great photographer, Jessica Kettle http://lookthroughmylens.blogspot.com/ . I called and asked if I could bring my camera for her to look at. She was kind enough to make a few adjustments to my settings, and explain a few things to me. I feel SO lucky! I still have a ton to learn, but am so excited about what I learned today.

Yes... I am posting more pics of Sophie again, as she got her hair cut, and I wanted to do new pictures, and because her head looked a little large in proportion to her body in the last pics I did. Now that I have a little more of a clue, I thought I would try another shoot.

Just a note... I tried to photograph Conrad as well, and he wouldn't agree to it. He just wanted to ride his bike... maybe I will have to photograph him on his bike in the future instead of trying to do something so formal :)




I don't know how to take the sun spot out of a pattern like this, but I do like the lighting.









I haven't taken the hair out of her eyes yet, but I will if I decide to use this shot for anything.



Cute lil' Sophie is a good sport, and a great poser!

1 comment:

thefab5 said...

Good job Risa! That's so nice of your friend. Todd's cousin is a photographer and is doing a class coming up. I'm going to take it. Let me know if you're interested in taking it with me.