Tuesday, April 27, 2010

S - O - P - H - I - A banner

So, I wasn't going to make a big deal out of this,
but I couldn't help it.
I LOVE banners, and wanted to make
a cute one for her special day.


I wanted it to be a little chunky, and chose
not to use my paper cutter.



If you want the same look, this is what you need to do...



Choose papers you like. I bought super thick ones (for the most part) from Hobby Lobby. Then I bought matching beads, and used string and tulle that I already had.



I chose thick paper, because I wanted to glue wooden letters on, for more depth.



Paint your letters, and glue them to the paper when dry. I just used regular Elmer's type glue from the dollar store, and it worked very well.



Poke small holes with a tack through your paper, and string the beads, tulle, and paper on in the order you choose. I had 3 papers that were thinner, and I ended up taping the backs, so the weight of the beads wouldn't force them to bow. Now that I have it, I think I am going to hang it in Sophie's room, or save it for a future birthday party or something.

No comments: