Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Burial Dress for my Baby


After I had Sophie, I made her blessing dress, with the help of my mother. It is beautiful, and I still love it. If Molly had lived, I would have made one for her as well. After I delivered her, and I knew we were going to bury her, I thought about what she would be buried in, and the hospital had nothing I found suitable. I had her on Thursday, and we were going to bury her on Sat. So, Friday morning, I went out, and bought the fabric and trimmings for a perfect little dress. It was the hardest purchase I have ever had to make. I cried the whole time. I came home, and got a bit of it done, but couldn't seem to will myself to do the rest. It was so hard to think about what I was doing, and why I was doing it. I knew it would be the last thing I could ever give her. My mom called, and when I asked her to help, she told me she would be honored. She came right away, and got it all put together. I don't know what I would ever do without my mom. She has been wonderful through all this. I think it turned out beautifully.


I love her little bib with the, "M," on it. Made just for her.


Sophie got to make Molly a bracelet, and I got to make matching ones for myself and Soph.


My babies bonnets.


Blessing and burial outfits.



The only toy I will ever give her. I put a bracelet on the bear as well.

3 comments:

Patti said...

So beautiful! You are amazing.

Jill Knotwell said...

You are such an inspiration. I am so sorry your family went through such a hard time, but I know this is something that will only strengthen your testimony of Eternal Families. The dress is gorgeous and so teeny. You are such a strong women and I really look up to you.

Shauna said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, you are incredible Risa!!