Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome To Summer!!!


I want to preface this post, by saying I know it seems a bit over the top... but it's FUN to be a mom, and do fun things for the kids!!!

I have this AMAZING girlfriend, Kami. She was the inspiration for this post.

Thank you Kami!!!

So, I was at the DI the other day, and got some books that were in nearly new condition for my kids. Kami and I both LOVE the DI, and I many times show her what I get. I was showing her, and mentioned that I wanted my kids to have new reading material for summer. She told me to put them in a "Welcome To Summer" basket. I thought this was a great idea. She told me she does the same thing for her kids, and also includes pool toys, a towel, and goggles etc.

I started thinking about what I would be getting them for summer anyway, and decided to give it all to them on the last day of school.

This is how their beds looked when they got home:




Each kid got a pool robe, (They were at Costco, and I couldn't resist.) summer pajamas, books, a beach pail full of pool toys, goggles, and a towel from the dollar section of Target, a vhs from DI.



Look at the "I want to be a space pilot," book. I am going to display it in my boy's vintage robot room. I was so happy to find such a darling, vintage book! The illustrations and story are darling!

Con loved his How To Train Your Dragon pj's.

Soph likes her swim toys, and looked at them before heading out to a last day of school party at a friend from her class's house.

It was fun. I think next year, I will also include a job chart, and summer workbooks!

No comments: